Dreams are a succession of images, ideas, emotions and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep. The content and purpose of dreams are not fully understood, though they have been a topic of speculation and interest throughout recorded history. The scientific study of dreams is known as oneirology.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dreams and Reality

Things have been kind of slow for me lately as far as dreams are concerned. For me, that's really rare. I guess even dreams have their seasons too like everything else.

I will say though that I had kind of a strange dream last night. First of all I went to bed not feeling to well. When I managed to fall asleep I woke up a short time later with my stomach hurting me. I managed to settle it and when I fell back to sleep I had a dream that I was sick to my stomach. The dream had very little detail, if any, and all I remember was that I felt sick in the dream. It was very brief and the only thing that stuck out to me in it was that I was sick in my dream too.

I woke up not long after falling back to sleep and since waking up I've been wondering something...

Does anyone else out there have dreams like that? Where you feel one way (sick/mad/sad/scared) in reality and then when you fall asleep you feel the same way in your dreams?

1 comment:

  1. My dreams are mostly bad dreams. I did have a dream the other night that is a good omen. I dreamed we went to a huge falls, like Niagara and we were at the bottom in some caves and catacombs etc under the falls and a man was taking us on a tour. There was a river alongside it and it began to rise. I got very scared because it was rising very quickly. We evacuated immediately and got out ok but the falls on the outside was HUGE because the water was so much higher. It was breathtakingly beautiful and scary and I was in awe. The water was crystal clear and sparkling.
    I have always heard that dreaming of clear water means good luck. Muddy water means bad luck. I am hoping we will be overwhelmed with good fortune. So much that it scares the heck out of us! LOL

    ReplyDelete